Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

Constructing a Tripod

Yesterday afternoon, Room 8 including myself, were given the task to constructing a Tripod. The items Mrs Dines gave us to make the Tripod were three Rakau's (sticks) and a whole metre of string,

We were given visual instructions, by looking through images of how to create a Tripod. We first started by tieing a knot around a rakau. It had to be very stable to move on with the next instructions. After making a knot, we wove the string through each stick between four to six times. You had to have some string left-over to be able to let it stand by itself. After weaving, the next step was to separate each stick to three corners standing up, then use the string you left to tie around to make it stand.

My construction was not as I had visualised, but I had lots of fun making the Tripod Individually and cooperatively. If you try to make a Tripod I bet you would have a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment