Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Camp Diary

Camp Diary


Day One
Today I enjoyed Camp because of the activities, the food and the time I got to spend with my friend and fellow classmates. My favourite activity was the Giant Ladder Challenge. The reason this was my favourite was because it was fun but a CHALLENGE at the same time. My first job in this activity was to lead the Belay team. I enjoyed being part of the Belay team especially when Michael (Natalia’s Brother) was climbing. When it was my turn to climb, Michael (Younger Michael) was my partner. During climbing myself up the Giant Ladder, I had to help pull Michael on the way. I was elated and felt great of our achievement making it to the top of the ladder. After everyone had a turn we got to get another but blindfolded. The The only people who got a second go were Kolio, Evan, Johnie, Natalia and Miriama. I thought in my point of view that it was quite more of a challenge because of the way Johnnie and Kolio had no idea where to put their hands and feet. It was quite funny. We ended the day by having dinner and a shower afterwards. I really enjoyed the first day of Camp but I cant wait for Tomorrow.

Day Two
“Strait for the Bulls Eye, Strait for the Bulls Eye” I say this quietly in my mind. Day Two was just as fun as Day One. Archery was my favourite activity today. As we walked to our location to start Archery I thought I would be really good at it. But After a few practice shots I was terribly wrong. My first shot I took was heading up in the air but ended strait in the ground. I still had a blast in Archery, I kept on moving on without thinking about my last shot. I enjoyed cheering on my friends and classmates as they shot their arrows. But I was most amazed from Johnny's shot which hit and popped the balloon. The balloon was the hardest target to hit. Even though I was terrible at Archery I loved it every time I went for a shot. We ended the day with one last activity Rocky Shore, and had dinner with a wonderful dessert chocolate ice cream and chocolate sprinkles. But before we went to sleep we had a event which was called MERC’s GOT TALENT. You got to choose to either to be a contestant or a audience member. I chose to be a contestant. I was in a group with my friends Isaac, Folau and Kolio.  But eventually we lost to Giovanni The Magician. After we all went to sleep and had a really great rest.

Day Three
Our Last day was my favourite day. I loved it because of how we had a Aqua Sports competition. We broke down to year 7’s  and year 8’s. After we had to break down to two groups from our year group. I was in a group named BLITZ  who involved Myself, Johnnie, Avishek, Anna, Melayka and Vine. We had competitive activities such as running, swimming, surfing, group races and tug of war. All these activities were Fun but really challenging. My favourite activity was the running even though our group came second. But I also really liked Tug of War. I enjoyed challenging the other year 8 squad, 1738. My most challenging activity was surfing. Because of the condition we couldn’t surf so We had to run with the surfboard in the sea. Every step I took in the water was painful for my legs. I was tired from the second I reach the point where we had to run around and turn back to the beach. By the time I reached the beach I was wanting to drop to the ground and take a nap. But luckily I kept running and made it back to the finished line. By the time we finished we all quickly had a shower and had lunch. For lunch we had sandwiches. I reckoned the sandwiches were very healthy and tasty. After our delicious lunch we walked to the Camp’s hall and said our last goodbyes to our instructors. Afterwards we all hopped on the bus and were drove back to our wonderful school Saint Patricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment